Saturday, April 23, 2016

Nature's Abstract or My Attempt at Oil Painting with Palette Knife

This is from a view of my stone wall that I see out of the studio window.  It was near the end of last fall after a light snow; there was moss, and this one little leaf resting on one of the stones.  I saw it early in the morning when that glaze of dampness covers everything and it just looks so surreal.  I call it "Nature's Abstract."  


I chose to try the palette knife because I wanted the stone effect.  Please feel free to comment. Should I pursue this type of painting further?

Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Carol

4 comments:

  1. I noticed the texture right off and found it very appealing. You obviously handle the knife well.
    The question is did you enjoy using it? I love using both the knoe and brush in a painting. Start with brush and end with knife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. I will certainly try this again but unfortunately I need some epiphany about a subject before I get the desire to paint it so I don't know when that will be. I haven't found another subject or piece of my wall that interests me just yet. I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not? go for it and enjoy your journey :)

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.