Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Backyard Buddies (Update 4-3-16)

New visitors 4-3-16 - (white breasted Nuthatch, Tufted Titmouse, American Gold Finch)



And of course my first Honey Bee -


Thanks for visiting today too.

Previously posted -

Just a few of the visitors to my backyard recently - (Eastern Phoebe, Cardinal, Downy Woodpecker and Chickadee...........





I hung some Goldfinch seed today and I'm hoping to see them come back.  We were in the kitchen last night and there was one in the tree outside the kitchen window.  Something startled it and it came and landed on the windowsill, saw us and flew away.  What a treat that was.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I wish you a wonderful week ahead.
Hugs,
Carol

5 comments:

  1. THIS is a wonderful post. Thank YOU!
    Regarding the Mute button. I understand... painted in complete silence yesterday - marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carol really great photos of your backyard buddies. Is the first bird a Phoebe? I think we have one here too. Bird watching is so fun. So glad you share yours. Thanks to for visiting me and leaving a sweet comment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie and Debbie. You know the only thing I like more than silence is listening to the birds singing in my yard. Sometimes it's like an aviary out there and I could listen for hours.

    Debbie, I don't know if this bird is a Phoebe. I'll have to do some research to try to find out. I figured it was some common house wren.

    I hope you ladies are having a great start to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you lucky to have so many beautiful visitors ! -But then, you make it happen:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be truthful, I've lived here for 11 years and this is the first year I actually put out feeders and suet for them. I used to just toss out scraps of bread. We seem to have a plethora of buglife in the grass here and they always find grubs and things to eat, as well as little red berries from the bushes.

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.