Saturday, May 14, 2016

Shaker Road Roost (Alkyd oils 8 x 10) Updated Version (I think I'll quit now)


I find chickens pretty funny to watch and when I saw this brood, group, flock or whatever it is called by the side of Shaker Road I just had to stop and snap a quick pic. I knew I wanted to paint them but it has taken me over a year to do so.  Do I procrastinate???? No, me???

Got some finishing up to do on these funky birds but I think I'll enter it in the County Fair this September and see what happens.

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I hope you've had a great day so far and continue to do just that.
Carol

5 comments:

  1. What fun! I've never painted chickens, but it always strikes me a being enjoyable with their unique shapes and rich colors. Love your brushwork. It adds so much to the energy of a "chicken yard!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, I appreciate your comment and of course welcome any advice on learning with oils. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I love the way you linked them together.
    I also like the way you painted them. Great patterning on the black and white one and brush technique on the others.
    I enjoyed seeing your woodpecker. I have two different types here and both look much smaller than yours... 8 Inches - tip to tail! The Ladderback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour chère amie,

    Je suis très heureuse de vous visiter aujourd'hui et découvre ce nouvel univers...
    De mon côté aussi je paresse un peu ! Je passe beaucoup de temps dehors à profiter de la nature ou dans mon atelier et je délaisse un peu mon ordinateur. Cependant, je suis tentée mais je n'arrive pas toujours à tout mener de front !...

    Je suis admirative devant cette dernière oeuvre que vous nous dévoilez. Parfois, il nous faut du temps avant de donner vie à une idée... Il faut attendre qu'elle mûrisse.
    Toutes mes félicitations. J'aime beaucoup sa composition et quel joli travail dans le plumage !

    Je vous envoie de gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.