Thursday, July 28, 2016

Work In Progress - Jenny In The Garden (gift for my neighbor Jenny)

With Christmas fast approaching, I figured I should start on my neighbor's gift for this year. Remembering that I had snapped a few pictures of her out in her garden, along the edge of the road, gave me an idea.  Why don't I paint her in her favorite place to be?

Here are a few progress pictures of "Jenny In The Garden"........





To Be Continued...............

I am using Alkyd oils on MDF board primed with Gesso.

Thanks for visiting me today.
Carol

6 comments:

  1. What an absolutely GREAT idea! I know it will be wholeheartedly embraced by Jenny!! What a thoughtful gift!! Friendship is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, I was hoping to get a special photo of a hummingbird from her yard for her because I know she loves them but it wasn't meant to be. I was glad I had snapped a few photos of her in the garden though and it's making a great second choice. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Carol, a wonderful idea and a lovely work! I hope you will enjoy art activities more than ever!
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Sadami, I appreciate your encouragement. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great gift for your neighbor who will absolutely LOVE it, Carol! An idea for all of us!!!! I hope to see this finished!! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Hilda. I am blessed to have such special neighbors. I always try to do something special for them during the holidays. Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.