Thursday, August 25, 2016

"Brand New Key" by Melanie

I spied these vintage roller skates at the flea market and just had to snap a shot of them.  Of course I immediately launched into my rendition of "Brand New Key" by Melanie.

Did you have a pair of these skates?   I did, and where I lived in the city I roller skated up and down the streets, and that was back in 1959.  Oh my, where has the time gone.


Well, even though these aren't the type that require the little metal key, they are still pretty cool.  And here's the song to jog those memories.....................

"Brand New Key" by Melanie

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your day!
Carol






10 comments:

  1. Nope - No key. I rented my skates when I went to the rink. I was a swimmer back in time so my choice would be a pool over the rink. Then, when I started dating at 16, no swimmer or skater ever came along. I do remember the song though - fun to hear it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. Love the song and skates!!! I did go roller skating but I had the key to go with the skates I had. The skates attached to my shoes!!!!! Thanks for taking me back to 1959 ....(approximately)....the best times in my life..❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten the title, but as soon as she started singing I remembered the song! I had the kind Hilda mentioned that attached to your shoes. The neighborhood kids and I had great fun, but I certainly was NOT a master skater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skates are so beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carol - what a neat photo and although I never skated on the streets I did do some at a roller rink. Thanks too for the song friend. Hope your week is good. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Carol, thank you for sharing the wonderful photo. The skates look gorgeous as well as ... a huge book shelf!! Have a wonderful day. Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! So nice of you to stop by. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the skates, lived in the city, and know the song. Not liking the vintage word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol! Nice pic, though I never skated with these or the old ones, I sure would have loved too! Have a splendid week!

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.