Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Stories 9-18-2016

Here it is another Sunday.  Another week gone by or another week beginning, depending on which camp you are from.

We had some much needed rain (it poured all night) last night.  The fire danger was high yesterday (no burning of any kind allowed, not even a campfire or fireplace).  I hope the rain helped. We don't get many fires here and I'd like to keep it that way. 

Mike and I went to the County Fair the on Thursday.  We watched the Glidden Tour of antique cars parade and then some of them did a thing called Gymkhana (like a short obstacle course they had to maneuver and do some tasks along the way for points.  The fastest and best one wins.

Afterwards we watched some Harness Racing too. But, we didn't place any bets.

The weather was perfect; lots of sun but nice and cool in the shade with a soft breeze.  Couldn't have asked for better weather.

We were lucky to sit with a nice group of senior citizens to watch the Gymkhana and we laughed practically the whole time.  We all made funny comments during the events, like when one couple reached their next task it took the girl a long time to get out of the car so I said "oh she must be texting" and we all cracked up.  It's nice to laugh like that.

Friday we went to yard sales in Lewiston/Auburn and Mike had his Physical Therapy for his shoulder.  He is doing so well, almost ready to go back to work.  I will miss our time together and can't wait until he retires in about 2 years.  We also stopped for Chinese at Panda Garden (our favorite Chinese buffet).


Nothing but junk at the yard sales, and I mean junk.  One old lady was selling her used toothbrushes in bundles of 3 for 25 cents.  I kid you not!  Gross, huh! 

Saturday we went to yard sales around here more, lots of driving in the woods.
Instead of city views we got this.....

That's a view of Streaked Mtn. from the King's Hill Road.  We had never taken that road before and was pleasantly surprised with the view.  Also went up Stearn's Hill Rd. farther than ever before and had spectacular views too.  It was a lot of driving and we didn't buy much; just two belt buckles we can put on Ebay. Used up about 1/2 tank of gas the two days though.  LOL  And, I am pooped.

I got a binder and organized my sheet music in it so I don't have loose papers all over the place.  I am an organizer.  Always kept a clean desk or work space too.  Does it help performance...............that's to be seen.

I bought myself a scarab bracelet on Ebay.  It's like one I used to have 30 years ago that I don't know what happened to it.   I must have given it away.   I've always wanted to replace it and I think this one I bought is exactly like it.

Mike wants to go to an auction today but I'm going to try to talk him out of it.  I don't know if it will be too much for me and besides I checked out the items online and I don't see a thing I'd bid on.  He will buy way too much stuff that needs work before he can put it on Ebay, he always does. We'll see what happens. 

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  I taught that hymn to my grandaughters when they were little and one day while singing, Haleigh who was about 5 stopped singing and asked (with such confusion on her little face) "Nana, why do I have to be Joyce?"   Ahhh, the innocence of youth.   

Have a blessed day!
Carol

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Carol, for sharing a good post. Your little Joyce was so lovely!! Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sadami. It is always a pleasure to hear from you. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really interesting post, Carol. Always a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carol it was so nice to read about your time at the county fair. It is always wonderful to laugh with others. Glad you got rain- we did too. It was much needed here too. Sounds like Mike is doing good. So glad he is recovering well. Take care. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol! Bizarre , I can't see any of your pics, just the words. Hope you Have a great weekend,Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post Carol!!! Thank you for sharing! I only wish I was able to see the photos!!! Your pictures are always so beautiful!!! Enjoy the rest of the Evening!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I reloaded the pictures so I hope everyone can see them now.

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.