Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Stories - Sept. 25, 2016

Let's play a little -

The week started out sloooooooow.  Not much doing.  Mike had physical therapy for his shoulder.  Only a few more sessions before he goes back to work.  We had our usual lunch date after therapy and a leisurely drive home on the back roads.  Some views never change, but still never get old.


By Thursday we decided to check out the newly remodeled Flagship Cinema in town so went to see the movie "Sully."



 Check out these seats...............


My feet couldn't reach the floor, but they were so much better than the old style with the flip up seat and no leg room.  With these people could walk in front of you and you don't have to stand up.

We enjoyed our experience so much we went back on Friday and saw "Bridget Jones Baby."  I highly recommend seeing it if you are in need of some laughs.  It was just as funny as the previous Bridget Jones movies and gets two thumbs up in my book.

Continuing our entertainment extravaganza.........on Saturday we decided to go to the local "Celebration Barn" which is a wonderful old barn restored to be a summer theater and acting school where they have summer camps and teach comedy, clowning, acting, play writing, and other things.  Here's a link if you'd like to learn more -

http://www.celebrationbarn.com/about-us/

We were actually part of history in the making at the Barn.  It was their first ever stand-up Comedy Night.  Three comedians from the Portland, ME area gave us their best for almost two hours.  Let me give you a hint.......if you are planning to go see a comedian DO NOT watch clips of their act on YouTube before hand.  I did and was so disappointed when the headliner used material I had watched on YouTube that was dated two years ago.  This guy had nothing on the guy that did the opening.  That first comedian had the best material of all.  And, I'm sorry to say the woman stunk like swamp water.  Sorry ladies, but she did not do us proud.

It's my feeling that when a comedian has to start asking questions like "how many of you have kids", that the comedian is not prepared to do a show.  That's just my opinion.

Do you have a favorite comedian?  Wanda Sykes is an all time favorite of mine, as was dear Robin Williams, and my hubby especially loves Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson).

Image result for rowan atkinson

His movies "Johnny English" and "Johnny English Reborn" are hilarious.

Today is my day to relax.  Time to put on a pot of coffee and listen to some piano music.
I'm so glad I cooked that pot of beef stew yesterday.........no cooking today.

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a beautiful day.


Carol













3 comments:

  1. So nice to read your comments and see the beautiful theater. What comfort! Hope your relaxing day was just that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Carol it sounds like you had a great weekend. It has been years since I viewed a movie at the theater. Those seats do look quite cushy. Now for that beef stew- do you have any left? :)! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.