Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Family Visits

Wonderful beginning to our week with my brother Rick and his wife Jeanne visiting for a few days.

We did lots of leaf-peeping at the Artist's Covered Bridge in Newry, Maine...........


The Artist's Covered Bridge (as it is known as) is the most photographed and painted covered bridge in Maine.  As you can see, we really were in a drought this summer because this river bed is usually flowing.


Some nice lady offered to snap a pic of me and Mike............
That was so thoughtful.  We actually don't have very many of us at all.

After visiting the bridge we headed off to Grafton Notch State Park.  It is know for it's many trail heads leading to the Appalachian Trail.





It was a gorgeous day with temps in the sixties and just the right amount of breeze.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Wish you could have been there too.
Carol

7 comments:

  1. Bonsoir chère amie,

    Merci pour vos gentils petits mots...
    Dommage que nous ne puissions pas nous rencontrer !
    Vos photos sont fantastiques...

    gros bisous à vous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Martine, thank you for visiting my blog. I hope your time in Maine is going beautifully. Safe travels and many blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics Carol! Nature is similar here, specially at this time of year. We went to visit my baby son in Morin Heights , in the Laurentians, I brought my camera, took splendid photos of the amazing colors and forgot the d...thing on the dresser. Nice seing you with Mike, handsome couple! Take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Helen, I do hope you show us some of the pictures when you retrieve your camera. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Love these photos of you and hubby. Beautiful scenery as well!!!! Yesterday my sister and I went Upstate to take my granddaughter back to Oneonta and on our way back we decided to do some hiking ... Needless to say she lost her footing and fell and twisted her foot. We thought it broke because it swelled up so fast so she went to the hospital to check it out but it turned out to be a bad sprain and now she' has a splint and crutches! My husband said that we old folks should stay home.....so I had TO HIT HIM......lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hilda, I hope her ankle is better soon. You were right to slug him for that comment. Don't let him slow you down. Have a great weekend (it'll be here before you know it).

      Delete
  4. Carol, thank you for sharing very lovely and eye pleasant photos. Our mountains are flat and the heads of trees are different from a northern hemisphere. Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.