Friday, October 7, 2016

Learning to play "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen after 5 months

So, it's been 5 months since I bought this piano................
Practice has been a bit off while hubby was home recuperating from shoulder surgery.
But, I do think my playing is getting a bit smoother.
I still have to follow the sheet music though.  Just can't seem to memorize certain pieces of the song.  That is what makes it still a little choppy.



What do you think?  Any piano players have some advice?  Now that hubby is back to work I've extended my daily practice time.  Working on "Open Arms" by Journey and some "Hotel California" next.

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I wish you a beautiful day.
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Dear Carol I play the piano and organ both. Neither one often now but for sure that daily practice is what it takes to see things get smoother. So glad you are enjoying making music. It raises us up to a higher place and helps us forget the darker spots. Hope you have a blessed day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so wonderful that you play the piano!! I always wanted to play an instrument! My Dad wanted me to play the accordion! Lol. It was too heavy for me...I couldn't even hold it never mind play it !! I hope your husband is feeling better. I had surgery on my left shoulder January and I just stopped therapy in late August!! It takes a lot of healing time so I understand what he went through. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie and Hilda. You are absolutely right Debbie when you say music raises us up to a higher place. It does bring such joy. And Hilda, I'm so glad your shoulder finally healed. Mike seems to have healed quickly I just hope he doesn't get reinjured because he progressed so quickly. He's know others who went back to work after 8 - 12 weeks and ended up injured again.

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.