Wednesday, October 5, 2016

On this day in 1951

I was born............ October 5, 1951.

This is me at 5 y.o. wearing my red Annie Oakley cowgirl suit.


This is me in 1969 - graduated from high school.


New Year's Eve (1969 - I loved that orange jumpsuit).

Somewhere along the line - (after a divorce from my first mistake, and then finding my real husband) -

 I turned 50 y.o. and, graduated as a Registered Nurse.


Somewhere along the line I learned to paint.


After a short 10 year career as a Nurse, I retired........


and I get to enjoy the wonders of Maine.

At age 64-1/2 I bought an antique Mason & Hamlin Screwstringer upright piano at an auction and learned how to play.


Today I am 65 years old.  And wondering what the future holds.  


It's an adventure, that's for sure.
 Thanks for stopping by.
Carol

6 comments:

  1. This is such a nice post Carol!!!! you should be so proud of yourself in becoming a Registered Nurse! I'm the mother to an RN and I know I am!!! I love the photos especially of Annie Oakley!! Lol. Adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hilda. So nice of you to visit me today. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Carol - Happy birthday dear friend. You have certainly accomplished much in your short years:). Loved seeing you on film too. Have a lovely celebration! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Birthday to you, Carol! I think your motto, "Always Learning" suits you so much. I remember the day you wrote about the piano you had acquired and were beginning to play. You were so excited! I know you will continue to thrive on learning new things and keep on growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon week-end, chère Carol.
    Bises :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, I enjoyed having you stop by.

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.