Saturday, February 18, 2017

10 Months Later - "Stairway to Heaven" Progress

So it has been 10 months since I bought this old upright piano at an auction and here is how my playing "Stairway to Heaven" sounds today.


I tried to get another piano tuner/technician to come by and give me a quote on refurbishing the action of this piano and he didn't even bother to show up for his appointment or call me to cancel.  When I called his home, his wife said he wasn't interested.  I don't know what I'm going to do to get some of my stuck keys working again.  I really need that "E".............

Hope you enjoyed my video.  Meanwhile, I'll keep practicing as best I can.
Thanks for stopping by.
Carol

8 comments:

  1. You're good, I recognize the melody right away. I admire you for practicing and trying so hard with your piano. I would have loved to study piano when I was young, but there was no place for that kind of fantasy. Hope winter is not too hard in Maine, have a great Sunday, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, and remember what I said....."you're never too old."

      Delete
  2. Bravo, Carol! You should be so proud of yourself! I hope you'll find someone to help with the keys. Having no "E" is like me having a stuck "U" on my computer. I didn't realize so many words had "U's" in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, and it's exactly the same. Most of the pop/rock songs and things I like are in the key of C and that E is so very important. I am going to do some research on fixing it myself. Put it this way, it can't hurt, it's already broken.
      Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  3. Very nice practice
    I don't know what E is. I'm sure you'll find a tuner that cares to show up, and do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Piano keys are lettered A to G for the scale DO to Ti. Letter E is actually So on the scale. The lettering corresponds with the lines on a staff of sheet music. I hope that give you somewhat of an explanation of piano music. So nice of you to stop by and watch my video. Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I hope the enjoyment I feel while playing comes through in the video. Enjoy your day.

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.