Saturday, February 25, 2017

Making Magic

Woke up this morning and my hair was sticking up. "I'm a Unicorn," I said, staring in the mirror at the unruly crop of hair in the middle of my head.  Ok, so Unicorns are magical, aren't they.  Let's make some magic.............

I got out my trusty hair cutting scissors, texturizing shears, and comb and went to work.  I must be in a DIY mode.  After all, how many times have I gone to the hair dresser's only to come home and have to fix things myself.  Not today!

This (old photo but pretty close to what my hair looked like this morning) - minus the Unicorn horn....


Of course I forgot to take a real "before" photo.  That would have been nice.

And about 20 minutes later, this -




I feel like a new woman.................... And, it's always fun to see how long it takes my husband to notice that I've cut my hair, when he gets home from work tonight.  It's nice to know I've still got the touch.

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope your day is as special as you are.
Carol

8 comments:

  1. You look great, Carol, and it is indeed nice that your husband notices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I can always tell what kind of a day he's had by how quickly he see the change. LOL

      Delete
  2. Since I have curly hair I cut my own hair....its been years that I've gone to the hairdresser....and yet my sister is a hairdresser and she gets angry that I don't let her do it...lol. You look wonderful Carol!!!! enjoy your day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda, nice to know you are a kindred spirit, lol, sometimes it's just better to do it yourself, isn't it. Maybe you could let your sister do it for you once in a while. I was told once that by not accepting kind gestures like that, we deny someone the chance to give us a blessing, and for them to be blessed because they gave a blessing. I hope you have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  3. Ah Carol - what a lovely hairdo. Makes you look so sophisticated. Hope you had a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, it makes me feel more "put together" and that's a good thing. Just like I don't like a lot of clutter in the house, I don't like a lot of clutter on my head. I hope that makes sense.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job! I am amazed! I went totally gray and started to color it slightly again.....not all gray...a good mix. I'm not sure Bruce really noticed in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. You might not think Bruce notices but that's only because your beauty shines all the time. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.