Sunday, May 14, 2017

Hopscotch Anyone

Well hello.......it's been awhile since I posted anything.  I was literally hopscotching across the country.  We went to California to visit my Aunt who is 84 y.o. and can't come this way to see us.  We traveled from Sacramento, CA up the coast through the Avenue of the Giants so hubby could see the redwoods (on his bucket list) and then to Grant's Pass, OR to the Rogue River (another bucket list item for Mike).  From there it was straight down Route 5 to Modesto to see Auntie.  Here are just a few pics from our travels....





Then, when we get back, we go to the Post Office to collect our mail and what do I see....


some girls from the dance studio outside in front playing Hopscotch.  Not a cell phone in site.  Good for them!

I want to wish a happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there today.


Yes, the Azaleas are in bloom............................. finally.
Carol

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, dear Carol, and to all the mothers out there. Lovely photos, and so nice to see your post! I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda I do hope your Mother's Day was wonderful as well. I hope to be back blogging more and visiting all of the blogs again real soon. Just so busy right now it's difficult to squeeze everything into my day.

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Carol!
    Nice photos, you both look like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I do hope your Mother's Day was wonderful also. We did have a wonderful time, in fact so much, he's already wondering where we will go next.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful trip, Carol! Enjoyable to see family and visit with them, then do some exploring. Nice to see the hopscotch girls. Glad there are some games still around from the "old days."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Carol, the trip was most enjoyable and we are looking forward to another adventure as soon as possible. Not leaving any inheritance for the family, we are spending it now. LOL I was totally surprised to see the girls playing hopscotch but then again they were from the dance studio. It was a wonderful sight. Had I been brave I would have gone over and talked to them.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip -- Happy mother's day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these photos with us Carol!!!! It's amazing how small we look like in front of these giant trees! It looks like you are having a wonderful time.... Enjoy and please share more photos with us! By the way, I love the photo of you and hubby!!

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.