Thursday, June 29, 2017

Antique Lap Desk Cleaning & Repair by Carol Blackburn Video #1





Well, here is the first video in what will be a series of 3 as I clean and repair the antique lap desk I bought at an outdoor flea market for $25.  I had to take it out of the house because I could smell the mildew that is in the wood grain on the top.  This poor box looks like it has been neglected for quite some time.

Thanks for stopping by and looking in.  Second video to follow tomorrow.
Enjoy your day,
Carol

P.S. In response to the question about the holes on the side, these are recessed little round brass handles. Another one of the unique features of this lap desk.  Not to mention IT HAS THE KEY.


6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely little desk. Anything you do to it is bound to be an improvement. What are the holes in the sides for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching the video. Those aren't holes, they are recessed brass ring-shaped handles. Just one of the features I really like about this desk. It's coming out nice. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Dear Carol - this is great watching you restore this old lap desk. It looks like such a fine piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great desk, I'm so pleased to see the careful work you are doing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, glad you enjoyed the videos. Have a great week ahead.

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.