Sunday, June 4, 2017

First Car

Well, grandson Jonathan finally gave us back our Jeep......after almost two years.  When parents don't teach children the value of money or how to save for what they need it makes it hard on those adults who have to take over those final stages of getting that child to adulthood.  Well, I can say we're almost there.

He's been trying to save to buy a car for so long and always falling short and doing something to reduce his savings rather than build them up (like losing all his money online gambling, or buying tokens to play computer games).  He also had two accidents during this passed fall and winter.  He's lucky that LOVE goes a long way........

We had to force the issue and put our foot down and make it happen.  Once we got him saving (nagging goes a long way with some people too), we had to go look for a car for him (he works nights and sleeps ALL DAY).   I took him to test drive it (after we did on our own test drive, of course) and he accepted it, bought it, and drove it home.  You see, he's not fussy, just a procrastinator, big time.

Grandpa has been teaching him how to care for a car this whole time so he's got some knowledge of upkeep to get him going.  I hope it stuck!  And I hope he makes his car insurance payment on time because they'd only give him 6 months coverage at a time because of his poor driving record and young age.  Yikes!



So far...............SO GOOD!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I agree with all your comments. We do a dis-service to our children by not letting them go without or learn the value of things that they want and save up for them themselves. How will they ever grow up to be responsible adults if everybody mollycoddles them. Hardship is not always a bad thing!
    What is wrong with voicing your thoughts on the subject on your blog, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, I think the consensus is exactly that; that I have every right to voice my thoughts on this or any other subject on my blog and not have someone call me on-the-carpet for it. Unfortunately her comment was the first thing I read this morning and it rubbed me the wrong way. I don't usually let comments get under my skin. I appreciate your support Diana. Enjoy the week!

      Delete
  3. How can someone come and remove their comment from your blog??? Studio Maywyn removed her comment "Does he know you posted about him?" Somehow it seems unfair." The comment that I found to be rude and chastising by this woman who evidently thinks she is holier than thou. Will wonders never cease???

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.