Monday, June 26, 2017

Running on Keto, Come On, Keep Up

Out and about today.  First, need to deliver some 90 year old porcelain china to a gentleman who purchased it from me on Ebay.  I couldn't list the items quick enough.  As I listed, he bought. Wow!
What a day it was yesterday.  I was exhausted and my shoulders ached from all the computer work, but it was certainly worth the effort.  I had purchased the Silesia Old Ivory German porcelain for $45. at auction and by the end of the day had sold $274. worth.  Still, I have nother $277. worth listed on Ebay for sale. Here's a sample of some of the pieces I sold.





Needless to say, having had a good Keto breakfast, I wasn't hungry all day long.

Today we delivered it all to the buyer then went for lunch at the Chickadee Restaurant, a local favorite dining spot in Lewiston, ME.  Even though this was my first meal of the day, other than my numerous cups of piping hot black coffee (must be hot, hot, hot), I was set on lunch since it was already 11 a.m.

I perused the menu looking for something to keep with my Ketogenic way of eating and this is what I got.


Broiled haddock with green beans and cole slaw.

Something was missing, but after two pats of real butter on top of those green beans (tasted like they were from a can), I was all set to dig in.  Very satisfying though.  I did think the cole slaw was a bit sweet and squeezed the dressing off before eating it. 

After lunch Mike and I headed to Furniture Superstore to find us some new reclining chairs to replace the Laz-E-Boy reclining love seat we bought two years ago that has been a big disappointment. Nothing at all like the Laz-E-Boy reclining sofa we had for 15 years that we tossed out when we got the loveseat.  After having the loveseat for a few days we realized our old couch was more comfortable and certainly of better quality.  So much for buying because of the brand name.  Never again.

We found two really comfy chairs with 18" seats so our feet can touch the floor (big problem with most furniture is we end up looking like toddlers in an adult chair).  Also have electric controls because the handles and push knobs are too difficult with arthritic joints.  Moving up to electricals!
Have to wait 5 - 7 weeks for deliver as they are being built in Indiana (yes, Made in the USA).

On the way home we stopped by a roadside flea market in Sabattus, ME.  


Being early in the season, it was only about half filled with vendors but still fun to look for bargains.
I found this wonderful antique lap or travel desk with nice inlay (that is all there) for $25. What a surprise.  Usually pieces of the ilay have fallen out, but not on this one.  And, it has it's key, can you say "bonus."








Well, the sides are in great shape but the top needs some refurbishing and one of those interior hinges is broken.  Nothing a bit of work won't fix and this writing desk will be a treasure.  This will be on Ebay real soon.

Well, even after all this activity I was still going strong, more stamina than I've had in a very long time thanks to the Keto way of eating.  No more sluggishness from carbohydrates and no more hunger pains at the most inappropriate of times.  Unfortunately, hubby was fading fast so we headed home.  Must be that plate full of french fries he had just eaten.  

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I hope your weekend was restful or full of excitement, whatever "you" needed it to be. Have a great week.  See you soon.
Hugs,
Carol

10 comments:

  1. Ah Carol those dishes are beautiful...Hooray on your sales. That Keto diet looks like it is certainly keeping your engine reving :)! Beautiful lap desk too. Didn't they make things so much better years ago (thinking about your Lazy Boy loveseat)? Good quality is hard to find. Well take care and have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, we found out from the furniture salesman that Laz-E-Boy was taken over by another company many years ago and there were many complaints about the decline in quality. So sad. We live and learn. I am excited about this lap desk. I had gotten one at an auctions about 5 years ago for $45. and sold it to someone in Alaska for $95. plus they paid shipping. And it wasn't as nice. Funny thing was I bought it without a key but had a feeling I had one at home in my key collection. Yes, I certainly did. I had the perfect little gold key. Sometimes you just know something, don't you. I hope your week is going great. So nice to hear from you. Hugs,
      Carol

      Delete
  2. I do like the look of those dishes, and the antique lap desk looks great too.
    I am so pleased that the Keto diet is suiting you. The food we eat really can and does make such a difference to our health and well being.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I am loving eating Keto. Partly because I love trying new dishes and partly because of the benefits I'm receiving from eating this way. It's a win-win for me. What's also great is I've been know as someone who sticks to things for a very, very long time so that's a good thing because I read about how this way of eating is difficult to stick to. Uh uh, not for someone like me. Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoy hearing from you. Hugs,
      Carol

      Delete
  3. Such lovely dishes, and I'm thrilled that you were able to get so much for them. If you read my blog, I'm obsessed with finding bargains, deals and freebies. I sell a lot of toys on eBay like sports figures, Barbies, action figures, Monster Inc., Austin Powers, etc., and clothing. Sometimes, I do well, others not so well. I really need to get back into it. Your diet seems to be working well which is awesome! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RO, so nice of you to visit my blog. I always love having new people stop by so we can get acquainted. Glad you have some success on Ebay I'll have to find your site and stop by for a browse. What is your site name? Ours is micbburn1951. I'm glad this way of eating is working for me because I certainly did not like being 154 lbs. I just didn't feel like me, if you know what I mean. I had always been really slim. When I moved to Maine 12 years ago I was about 120 lbs. and I'd like to get back to that weight again. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Hugs,
      Carol

      Delete
  4. The dishes are really lovely, Carol, and the food looks very tasty! I enjoyed all your photos, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Linda, I always enjoy it when you visit my blog. I do hope you are well and having a great week. One of the best things about eating this diet is it got me to try spaghetti squash (something I've wanted to try forever). It's easy to make and so delicious. It's a wonderful challenge too, to create the different meals both at home and when I am out. I'm always ready for a challenge! Take care, dear friend.
      Hugs,
      Carol

      Delete
  5. Boy, Carol, I would just love to hang with you for a couple of days! I'm an "Ebay-er," too, as is my husband. Your china is elegant. No wonder it was purchased right away for a great price. Your little writing desk is an awesome find, and knowing how you can repair and perk up things (remember the piano?)I'm sure you'll make it into a special treasure! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Carol, I bet we'd have a ball together. Hubby and I go to auctions to find our items for Ebay. Sometimes a nice barn sale or yard sale produces something cool too. Do you go to auctions too? I got that Silesia china at a recent auction. I almost quit bidding at $35. but Mike sighed (which I interpreted as "why the heck are you quitting so soon") and I got my bid in just in time which brought it to $45. and I won the bidding. I'm not used to being able to bid high on items I want but now that we've built up a good amount in our auction checkbook it's no problem. Thanks for visiting, Carol. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.