Sunday, July 2, 2017

Claude Visits Today

Those of you who have followed me for awhile know that there is a Marmot that lives in my backyard somewhere that I've named Claude because he is well-clawed.  He's been here a couple of years now and I think he's looking a bit older.  He loves to munch to grass just before Hubby decides it's time to give it a cutting.  And,  I think he's eating all of the 4-leaf clover too.

video

(Please click the center of the video box twice if it does not appear at first.)

I watched him for quite some time and then he heard a rustle in the woods and ran to the edge of the yard to listen.  I thought it was so adorable.


Since I am someone who is home quite a lot of the time, I am grateful that the good Lord provides me with such wonderful entertainment.

Thanks for visiting.  I wish you a wonderful new week ahead.
Carol

10 comments:

  1. I love this, Carol! And this is the best kind of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Linda. And, yes I love watching the critters. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I love Claude! It's wonderful living where you do ...just to see nature at its best. Unfortunately I have to travel quite a few miles to see this. I guess that's why I love visiting out West. Lol. Thanks for sharing!!!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, thanks for visiting. I wish I had a camera built into my head because I see so many cute, odd, and different things that I think "that would make a great little video." Just today I saw this huge crow land on a patch of grass and slip so he ended up skipping across the yard. It was so cute. Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. He's a cute little guy...looks quite a bit like our ground hogs. Mother Nature does have quite a cast of entertainers doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure does! And to think, so much of it we just can't see but it's there. Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Ah Carol - this is the best entertainment for sure. He is so cute. Thanks for sharing your friend with us. Have a great fourth of July. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. Stay safe if you venture out on the holiday.

      Delete
  5. I've never seen one of these before, he looks like a cross between a teddy bear and a fat squirrel! Lovely to be so close to nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. Great description of Claude. He reminds us of our former Shihzu dog. He looks like she did when she got a bath and her hair was all slicked down and wet. He's actually about the same size too. I think that's what got me about when he turned and waddled off to the edge of the yard. It was so reminiscent of how our Bridget looked. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.