Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Enjoying Bulletproof aka Hot Buttered Coffee for Weight Loss

I thought I'd share something I've been doing for a couple of months now that has been helpful to me in achieving my weight loss goals. I was 155 lbs. at my highest weight and not liking it one bit.  I got to 154 very slowly then started to check out other ways of losing the weight and found the Ketogenic way of eating and switching my metabolisim from being a carbohydrate burner (gasoline) to burning ketones (diesel).   As the video will explain how I got started drinking Hot Buttered Coffee, I won't go into that here. But, my weight is now 137.

Other ways of making Bulletproof coffee are to add Coconut Oil in conjunction with the butter or on it's own, as well as to use heavy cream.  Mind you, a coffee with butter or oil and heavy cream will add up in calories but if you are burning ketones as fuel (like running on diesel instead of gasoline) the extra calories will be burned off to give you energy and mental clarity.

Check out the video and I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have about how the Ketogenic way of eating has helped me.  Remember that if you have any underlying illness such as diatetes, do not start any kind of new diet without being under supervision of your physician.  This video is not meant as medical advice, only to share with you what has worked for me.  Thanks for visiting with me today.

Blessings,
Carol

Here is the link to the video.  Blogger says it's too long to upload.....guess I talked too long (not surprising).

Enjoying Bulletproof or Hot Buttered Coffee







15 comments:

  1. You are preaching to the choir girl.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying the benefits and good taste yourself, eh? You know, the very first time I heard the words "hot buttered coffee" I said to myself, "yuk, greasy coffee!" LOL Then I said, "hey, give it a try, you know you are curious." Glad I did, it's delicious and it keeps me all through the morning without getting hungry, even after I've gone for my walk. You know, when I think about it, I never was a person who ate breakfast until I became a night-shift Nurse. Us gals would stop for breakfast before going home to sleep and that's when the pounds started packing on. So glad I'm retired now.
      Hope you are having a great day. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you are losing weight, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, it's been quite a journey and a great learning experience. I do love learning.
      Things happen when the time is right, and I guess this is God's time for me to learn about this and use it wisely. I hope you are having a great week. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  3. Thank YOU so much, Carol. I gained weight after tearing my meniscus - in yoga of all things! I have been on a very low carb diet and have been losing but extra help will be a blessing. We already use that brand of butter(gold star for me!) and I have Stevia - will that do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you already know about Ketogenic? Or is is Atkins you are on? I track the macros and try to stay less than 800 cal. per day; the computer says I should eat 1,200 but that doesn't work for me to lose. I try for 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs. It's fun playing with the foods to see what works best. Today I've only eaten 670 calories so far (51 grams fat, 39 grams protein, 12 grams carbs) and ratios look pretty good. Trying to break this stall; can't get off 138 lbs. and stay off. I see 137 for 1 day and then it's gone again. I'm not giving up though.
      I think I need to not eat so much cream cheese even though it's very satisfying and filling.
      Have a great night. Catch ya' later.....

      Delete
  4. Wow, congrats on your weight loss. That is wonderful. I have to get outside walk more. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I feel like "myself" again. Enjoy that walk and have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  5. That's wonderful to read indeed and thank you for sharing that. Congratulations. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! It's good to feel like "myself" again. Have a great day.

      Delete
  6. It all sounds so good, and the meals that you have shown us in photos look delicious! Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is a great tip! I've heard that coffee that is lighter roasted like Veranda from Starbucks is another great way to burn fat. I'm definitely going to try this and thank you for sharing it! Congrats on the weight loss. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so well Carol, glad that going keto has helped you.
    Diet Doctor has good information about keto too
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I appreciate your stopping by and leaving your nice comments. I think I've visited the Diet Doctor site, it sounds familiar. I'll check again.

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.