Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Spinach with Feta Cheese - My Light Keto Lunch





Spinach with Feta Cheese
by Carol Blackburn

2 cups baby Spinach, washed and thick stems removed
1 T. Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
dash of crushed Red Peppers (like the ones you used to put on your pizza)
drizzle (approx. 1 tsp.) EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Saute the Spinach in Coconut Oil until well wilted.  Transfer to small plate and top with 1/4 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese.  Add a dash or few sprinkles of crushed Red Peppers. And drizzle with approx. 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).  Now enjoy!

Serves 1   Calories 250  Grams fat  24.75  Grams protein  7  Grams carbs  4  Grams net carbs  2
Makes a good quick and light lunch.  Takes approx. 15 min. to prepare.

Oh, so tasty!
Thanks for stopping by.
If you try this, please let me know.
Carol

9 comments:

  1. I love spinach, Carol, and I also love Feta cheese! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it was tasty but went down so quickly. I could have used a double portion. I had originally added a dash of sea salt to mine also but didn't add that to the recipe because the Feta cheese is very salty and no added salt is required. I should have put a few olives on the side too. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious and healthy Carol. Will have to give it a try. Hope you have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, it was delicious and I wish I had more. It went down sooooo easy. Busy day here for me with tackling cleaning out the pantry shelves. Whew! I have sore shoulders now. Time to rest. Have a great evening.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I love spinach and the cheese. YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby will thank you for this. He is pretty well a vegetarian - except for fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much sharing the yummy recipe and the nice photo! Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tasting, good food ...
    What a delicious lunch.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.