Sunday, July 30, 2017

Zucchini Almond Bites from Carol's Kitchen

What do you do with the insides of the zucchini after removing the outside for zucchini noodles?  You make Zucchini Almond Bites, that's what. I made this for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised.  I figured out the recipe and macros. And, I took some pictures along the way......

Zucchini Almond Bites by Carol Blackburn

Ingredients -
Zucchini innards sliced into 1/8 - 1/4 in. thick pieces
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 Cup Almond Flour or Meal
2 T. Coconut Oil















Dip the zucchini pieces into the egg, then coat with the almond meal.


















Place in fry pan in the 2 T. heated coconut oil.  Turn after a few minutes when lightly browned on one side and brow the other side.  

















Remove to a paper towel lined plate.  

















When cooled, enjoy them straight for the nutty taste with moist centers or add a tiny dollop of sour cream for in interesting and addictive taste. 






I just can't describe it. 










Recipe makes about 20 pieces.

Serving size 5 pieces -

258 calories per serving
22 grams fat
9 grams protein
8 grams carb

Add extra calories if sour cream used.
1 T. = 30 calories  2.5 grams fat .5 grams protein .5 grams carb

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I created in the kitchen today.  I'll have to be careful with these treats.  I have stored them in an airtight container in the refrigerator to see how they hold up.  I wish I could eat them all right now......but I already ate 4.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I hope your day has been great.
Carol

15 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds excellent Carol, thanks for sharing your recipe here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. It's a lot of fun, putting these types of recipes together and figuring out the macros and all. I wish I could pass out samples. LOL

      Delete
  2. Must be really delicious, its nice of you to share. Greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound good but a little too high in calories for someone watching their waist line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but the full serving of 5 is just my estimate and that was before I tried them. When I ate 4 I was very satiated. Really 2 or 3 would have been fine. With macros like that they fit right into my plan. I try to stay 25 grams carbs or less but can easily eat up to 50 grams a day without losing ketosis. I just choose not to do that most days. Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes Linda, they are yummy. And, I am having so much fun cooking these days. Creating stuff in the kitchen is interesting and most times rewarding. Enjoy your day. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Hello Carol, they do look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good..thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for sharing it. Photos are lovely, too. I was nearly going to bite them all. Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look WONDERFUL! Anything with a nutty taste is appealing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to you all for coming by and commenting. Have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds lovely, must try it as I'm growing zucchini in my garden and I think I'm in for a glut of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Carol this came at just the right time...I have lots of zucchini. Besides this recipe will be great because it is gluten free - hubby is celiac. Thanks for sharing. xo xo

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.