Thursday, August 10, 2017

A Most Thoughtful Gift

My hubby came home last week from his semi-monthly massage session with a local massage therapist. He started getting a massage every few weeks when I suggested it about two years ago after he had hurt his shoulder and was having a difficult time driving the bus, which he does for work.  He tried to stop going after his surgery for a rotator cuff tear but I insisted he continue to go as long as he is still working.  He has been grateful I convinced him to continue.

This time he came home with a most thoughtful gift for me.  There was this book in the waiting room which he picked up and he told me that when he opened it and read, he thought of me.

The book was -



What he read was -

 

While waiting, he read a bit and thought "she'd like this."  So, when his massage was finished he went to the book store and bought me a copy of my very own.

Now I don't read much, only because it makes me fall asleep.  An old habit from when I used to put grandchildren to bed at night.  I would read to them and yawn, which in turn would make them yawn and fall asleep.  Well, I don't know if it still works for them but it still works for me after all these years.

It has taken me over a week, so far, and I'm still not finished with 113 pages.  But every time I see the book, on the table beside my chair, it makes me smile and feel loved all over again.

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I hope this day is a beautiful gift to you.

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift
that's why we call it the present.

Unknown Author

Blessings,
Carol




6 comments:

  1. Hello, it is a wonderful gift and I love the good woman quote. Your last quote is wonderful too, today is a gift. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...is he ever a keeper! Going to get the book for you.
    It appears some of my blogging friends have amazing husbands.
    I actually have the Prov 31:10 on my side of the bathroom wall. It reminds ME to be NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very thoughtful and loving gift. "Who can find a good man? He too is priceless above all else."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I hope the day is treating each of you especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Scripture verse in the book, Carol! What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.