Friday, August 11, 2017

Biting Off More Than I Can Chew (and update on doctor's visit)

I bet you thought this was another diet post.  Nope, it's about ART.  I wanted, in the worst way,  to paint some hummingbirds in my garden.  And, I'm afraid that's just what I did (painted them in the worst way LOL).

I started the painting back in May, and I guess and thought I'd work on it today after weeks of looking at it and shaking my head.  You see, it wasn't going in the direction I had thought it would and I guess that's really my own fault.  Probably should have done a smaller painting with one hummingbird and one flower. I always seem to "bite off more than I can chew", with art, that is.   I know I haven't posted a painting in probably a year, so hear goes.


Just wanted to let those of you know, who were following me because we chat about art, that I'm still painting, occasionally.  When  am not fixing the piano, photographing the critters in the yard, or posting about Ketogenic dieting, there will be a painting or story about art from time to time.  I think I'll try painting a different subject next time.

Thanks for stopping by.  I just got a call from the doctor's office and he can see me today at 3 p.m. to do OMT on my back again.  How wonderful.  I just wish hubby had the day off to drive me because driving after a treatment is not a good idea, it can undo the adjustment with one wrong move.  Wish me luck!

Hugs,
Carol

Update on doctor's visit -   I drove cautiously both ways, especially after the OMT treatment.  The doc said I had 3 vertebrae misaligned and he had to do a lot more work than usual to get my right hip in place.  Now I usually get zonked for a few days as the treatment is a shock to the system.  Probably be in bed early, I am pretty exhausted right now.

Our new electric recliners arrived about a couple of hours before I left for the doctor's office and they are nice and comfy.  No more reaching over the side and pulling the handle to recline which often hurt my back.

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you could try out my new chair.  I'm gonna love it.
Have a great day.
Carol

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture. My mom loved hummingbirds and always had a feeder for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love the hummers and flowers. Your painting is pretty. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is gorgeous, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly wonderful painting indeed. I do hope that you are feeling better, hang in there. Warm greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to see a painting from you, Carol!!!! Great work...colorful and I love the motion!!! I hope you feel better soon... All the years of handling patients took a toll on your back.!!! Rest and take advantage of that comfy chair. More paintings please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, for all your comfort and kind comments. I am feeling much improved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a lovely painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and so nice of you to visit my blog.

      Delete
  8. I think your painting is pretty, lovely colours too.
    Glad that all went well with the Drs. visit.
    Your recliners look comfortable, enjoy relaxing and sitting in them ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Carol - your hummingbirds are delightful...they are such difficult birds to capture because they are so small and usually in fast forward :)!! Hope your back is doing better. As for those recliners they look like the perfect seat...I just may have to come try one of them out...take care and have a blessed day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jan & Debbie......I appreciate your stopping by. Your comments are always so nice to read.

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.