Tuesday, August 1, 2017

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back


The Many Ways I Can Sprain or Strain My Back -
.turning my head to look both ways at a STOP sign
.pouring myself a cup of coffee
.pulling the shower curtain closed
.picking up a pair of shoes
.sitting on a too soft couch
.rolling over in bed
.sliding open the closet door
.reaching into the closet for a shirt
.riding in a car on a bumpy road
or, as I did yesterday
putting on a sports bra.

And, that's jut what I did yesterday, I was putting on a sports bra to go take a walk with my Hubby and ...... BAM!  I've been out of commission since.  

Things you can't do when you have a back strain or sprain - 
.blow your nose
.lift a cup 
.wipe yourself in the bathroom
.lift a towel
.lift the TV remote
.take a deep breath
.sit, stand, or lay down comfortably
.pull up your pants
.put anything on over your head
.drive
.cough or sneeze
.blink (yes, I said blink, LOL)

Ok, just kidding with the "blink" but it's almost true.  Thank goodness for the internet and the distraction.  Hubby was a very big help; tending to all my needs.  He always stayed within ear shot in case I needed to call for help.  Unfortunately he has gone to work today so I am on my own.

I couldn't get in to see my D.O. for some OMT but they are working on getting me in to see another doctor for Thursday morning.  That's when Hubby doesn't have to be at work until 1 p.m. and can drive me there. Even if this clears up I know I will still need a treatment. 

This will certainly set me back with the progress I've made walking 2 miles every other day but on the bright side, I ate so little yesterday I've managed to stay at 135 lbs.    I reached 135 two days ago but didn't say anything in case it was a fluke and I bounced back up again.  But it's a legitimate weight loss.  Yay!


Thanks for stopping by.  If you read this entire post,  I am impressed.  I promise to have a more interesting post next time.  That may take awhile.  LOL  Oh, don't make me laugh.

Have a beautiful day, friends.
Carol

10 comments:

  1. Hello, so sorry about your back troubles. I have done the same thing, moved the wrong way and there is instant pain. Take care, you will be out walking soon enough. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have yourself a nice and relaxing month ahead, hope you recover well. Its nice to have someone to help you along your journey. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are having back trouble. What a misery. Good to see you are trying hard to keep your sense of humour about it all. Sending good thoughts your way that it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I shouldn't, but, Carol, I laughed when I read this. I don't like anyone to be hurting, but your lists of what you can and can't do with back problems is so right on! I pulled muscles in my back day before yesterday, and it's AMAZING what one can't do!
    Put on my shoes, cough, open dishwasher, lie DOWN in bed, get UP from said bed, and sit or stand for very long.

    I hope you will heal soon and be able to resume your normal routines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Carol so sorry about your back sweet friend. As always though you are putting a funny uplifting spin on the situation. You are my kind of gal - hang in there. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was laughing at your clever fig comment and came on over only to find you are suffering. It takes a special person to still see humor when in pain. I do hope for a speedy recovery.
    The results on the scale should make you feel good. Motivating for me for sure. I would love to get the that weight. But... it is working - lost 6 lbs - and I am enjoying learning all about the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone who stopped by with good wishes and to cheer me up. I hope you all get the individual messages I sent you. Some of your comments come in to me as "noreplyblogger" so I don't know if those of you who comment that way get my reply to you or not. About 95% of the time I do respond to every comment and appreciate them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this, Carol! Your humour and bright disposition will help you immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to read this Carol. Hope it gets better real soon.
    Sending my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.