Thursday, August 10, 2017

Popeye Would Be Proud

Yup, I'm eating spinach again!  As Popeye (a 1950's cartoon character, for anyone who does not know) would say, "I loves me some spinach."

Today's lunch is 2 cups of fresh spinach wilted in 1 tablespoon of Kerry Gold butter topped with 8 large shrimp (peeled and deveined) that were also cooked in the remaining Kerry Gold.  With a twist of lemon on the side.


295 calories
13 grams fat
34 grams protein
3 grams carbs

I could eat this everyday!  I need to double the spinach.................

Thanks for visiting.
Enjoy your day,
Carol

8 comments:

  1. Hello, this looks yummy. I like spinach and love shrimp. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with spinach, Kerry gold butter, shrimps and a twist of lemon!

    All the best Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's good for you so I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM! I am going to stop on the way home and pick up some shrimp.
    Have the spinach in already...and the Kerry Gold! I think I will double the recipe too. Thanks, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! So glad you all checked out this post. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so far behind in my commenting. I'll try to do better. You have a precious husband! What a lovely gift just for you with sweet sentiments included! Your shrimp dish looks yummy, and look at all that protein. I love spinach...my family had it a lot when I was growing up. Now, I'm the only one who eats it, and I love it in salads!
    Yes, we also watched Popeye, my brother and me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I also had a brother who watched and was crazy over Popeye the Sailor Man. LOL But, he also loved Superman too and would yell "kyrptonite" and fall to the floor everytime one of his 4 sisters got close to him. What a character.

      Delete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.