Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Sometimes A Painting Inspires A Poem

Many years ago I had a blog friend named Bonnie Heather.  We lost track after my computer crashed and I never found her blog again.  One day she had posted a painting of a scene that must have been a landscape with a road of some sort because I penned this poem and believe I sent it to her, at least I hope I did.

See if it reminds you of a road you once traveled.  I know it does for me.

THE ROAD
for Bonnie Heather 11-6-10

Although we see the road
as having many twists
and turns
it often leads us
straight
to where we need to be.


Are you where you need to be today? Or, is there a road before you, that beckons?


Thanks for visiting today.
Carol

7 comments:

  1. My road has twisted and turned so often my GPS is confounded lol. It may be leading me where I need to be..I don't know....I haven't got there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get there, you will know it. Thanks for stopping by on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Carol - what a lovely poem. My road has many curves so I am not quite sure of my destination. Still keeping faith that the journey will lead me home eventually. Thanks for sharing friend. Have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very thoughtful poem and lovely thoughts indeed. Nice of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem Carol. It's funny but I've thought of Bonnie often and wondered why she hadn't posted... I hate loosing touch with my blogger friends. ): enjoy your day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liked the poem and the picture you've used too ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.