Thursday, September 7, 2017

Lemon Sesame & Ginger Tuna by Bumble Bee - Product Review

While at the supermarket yesterday I passed by this item and did a second take.   As someone who enjoys canned tuna fish, I had to pick it up and see what it's all about.  It sounded good so I dropped a package into my cart along with one of Lemon & Pepper flavored tuna. It even comes with it's own little spoon so it would be a great item for travel.  I decided to try this one first.


 With great macros like this - 70 calories, 0.5 g fat, 11 g protein, and 6 g carbs, 5 g net carbs; how can you go wrong.



Well, I'm not sure how to describe the taste.....   Ummm, the ginger is "definitely" the first thing you taste, an pretty much the only thing, in my opinion.  It really lingers with you long after you have finished eating.  And, this glass bowl shows the serving of 1/4 cup (this is a 1/2 cup pudding dish), which with such a strong taste, is definitely enough.


I think this tuna would go nicely in a salad and you probably wouldn't need to add any additional salad dressing.  I'll definitely try it again, most likely as a salad topping.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you are interested, watch for the review of the Lemon & Pepper Tuna soon.  Have a great day.
Hugs,
Carol


11 comments:

  1. Hello, it does sound good. I am glad you were the taste tester. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! I am now making the Brown Butter Sponge Cake see on the Low Carb Diabetic blog in August. I'm using the new mixer for the first time. So scary! LOL The recipe called for baking powder and sea salt and when I finished putting all the ingredients in and mixing I had those two left over....arghh! The recipe instructions didn't say when to put them in so I missed it. I added them in at the end so I hope it comes out ok. Also, the recipe called for 2 cups of sugar substitute and I have Truvia but I thought that would be too sweet so I found a conversion chart and converted 2 cups of sugar to what Truvia would be and still find the batter too sweet. Oh well, we'll see how this turns out in about an hour. Yikes!

      Delete
  2. I might pass, I'm not a huge ginger fan. Then again in a salad it might be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, I'd try it again and mix it in with a plain can of tuna and maybe let it sit for a while to incorporate the flavor. A great way to stretch it too. I'll certainly let you know if I try that and if it made the taste more easy to take. I hope you are doing well. When I went on this Ketogenic diet I was hoping I would find it helped with Fibromyalgia but haven't proven that yet. But maybe after eating this way for a year (it's only been 3-4 months) I might find some improvement. I do think I have more energy. It is great for weight loss though (down to 129 today) and a fun way to eat because of all the new recipes. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. I am going to take your opinion for the tuna being tasty. I love tuna - so will have to check this one out friend. Hope all is well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I think you'll like it and as I told another commenter, Anita, I think mixing it with a can of plain tuna and letting it sit in the fridge for awhile could be good too as it might dilute the strong ginger taste a bit and also stretch it to feed two. I'll have to try that another day.
      Today I am making Brown Butter Sponge Cake and the recipe I had was messed up so I had to wing it....yikes! I hope it comes out ok. I used the new mixer for the first time, too.
      Have a great day.
      Carol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, it was. And I'm going to have it again because it's a great item to take when I travel. Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  5. I wonder -- if you combined it with a package of plain tuna, would that tone it down a bit? If you sprinkled a little lemon juice on it would it pop the lemon taste more? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like tuna with salad, interesting to read your review Carol

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to visit my blog. I look forward to reading your comments.